The Australian School of Performing Arts specialises in working with schools to meet and exceed performing arts and other educational outcomes. We have been proud to deliver successful school performing arts programs at 225 schools around the country in the past nine years, educating and inspiring 50,000 students and teachers.
ASPA Education school performing arts programs are highly customisable and can be tailored depending on timetable and curriculum requirements. Programs may be configured as:
- A single workshop
- A series of workshops
- A term/semester/year-long course
ASPA Education works with teachers to motivate, inspire and engage students through the performing arts. The content of each program differs from school to school depending on educational aims. School programs may include the following elements:
ASPA Education singing programs are high energy, inclusive and fun. We can work with any sized group, from one class or choir to an entire school, and can prepare your students for a performance outcome or focus purely on skill acquisition. ASPA Education instructors engage students by using a wide variety of activities and songs that enable all students to find their voice – enthusiastic singers are stretched while non-singers find they want to sing.
Our dynamic dance programs encourage all students to get active and have fun as they develop coordination, confidence and fitness in a safe and inclusive learning environment. Boys and girls find the workshops equally engaging regardless of dance experience. Dance workshops may incorporate a range of dance styles using Raw Energy (REDed) routines, and the content can be used to cover curriculum requirements in PE/Health or the Arts.
From drama games to public speaking to coaching and directing your school’s latest production, ASPA Education helps students develop important life skills that are transferable to all other disciplines. Drama programs are designed to build confidence, creativity, self awareness and problem solving skills and to foster new friendships. Elements of a drama program may include warm ups and team building exercises, improvisation and storytelling, public speaking, script writing and more. Our term-long drama program covers curriculum requirements for all year levels and can also be tailored to a specific theme and include a performance outcome.
Concerts and Productions
ASPA Education specialises in preparing students for major events including school concerts, musicals, graduations and eisteddfods. Our experienced instructors can provide choreography, singing, dance, and drama coaching as well as stage management. Other elements may include coordination of content selection and copyright licenses, scheduling and management of rehearsals and performances, repertoire selection, and accompanying resources . We know how important it is to create an enjoyable experience for students and staff, as well as an entertaining performance for parents.
Students and teachers alike see real and lasting benefits when engaging in the performing arts. Participants experience improvements in team-work and presentation skills, and a boost to their confidence through achieving something wonderful with others. Students are more engaged at school and teachers learn new skills and build their capacity to deliver interactive and positive performing arts outcomes.
To find out more about how ASPA Education can work with your school to deliver performing arts outcomes that students, parents and teachers will love, complete our Enquiry Form today!
Variable – ranging from a single workshop to a year-long program
Workshops start from $120 + GST per hour (minimum 1.5 hours)
Programs tailored based on requirements
Preparation for concerts/musicals
Coaching and stage management
Students work as a team
Develop confidence, presentation
Teachers supported by
Parents and community enjoy
- "I have recommended you to many schools. You were both exceptional and professional. As we have dealt with other companies never have we experienced the support and organisation of script, music etc as we did with ASPA."Angela FaiolaDeputy Principal, St Frances de Sales
- “It has re-ignited The Arts in our school! ASPA are exceptional partners - exceptional standards of delivery, open to our needs and our ideas - an extraordinary partnership that is life-giving for all involved!”Phil BillingtonCatholic Education Office Sandhurst
- "I have had so much fun this term with the ASPA Education teachers and I’m pumped for the performance!! You make me want to come to school on a Tuesday and practice!"KateStudent at St. Mary’s Mooroopna
- "I just wanted to pass on a huge thank you for all of the amazing work you did with our students. I know that they got so much out of the whole experience, so many of them are saying that it was the best thing that they have done in their entire lives."Clare HylandTeacher at Hartwell PS
- "ASPA has made a sensational contribution to our annual concert. This was reflected in the delight our parents communicated about the Junior School performance. This parent group has high expectations too, so it makes the achievement even more noteworthy!"Carol O'NeillAuburn Primary School