The Australian School of Performing Arts delivers a range of community performing arts programs in various alternate education settings in the community – taking the benefits of the performing arts beyond the traditional classroom.
Using the performing arts as a tool to enrich development and wellbeing, we are able to deliver tailored workshops, programs and development sessions to people with a range of needs and abilities.
ASPA Education programs can be customised to a variety of settings – organisations we have worked with in the past include:
- Anglicare Victoria
- City of Melbourne
- Life Without Barriers
- The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
The needs and ages of participants in these community performing arts programs vary widely. ASPA Education instructors are experienced in delivering programs to participants such as:
- Children living in out of home care
- Teenage mothers and their babies
- Youth at risk living in a refuge
- Youth with a range of physical and intellectual disabilities
- Refugees and newly arrived children and young people for whom English is a second language.
Through engagement in performing arts programs, participants develop self-esteem, confidence, and a sense of community. New friendships are formed based on a shared experience, and communication and team-work skills are fostered. ASPA Education community performing arts programs are designed to be inclusive, enjoyable and challenging, and the content is designed and tailored specifically for each program.
We are always proud and delighted to play a role in the development of participants in every one of our community programs. In 2017 ASPA Education was humbled to be nominated for the ‘Excellence in Improving Participation’ award at the 2017 Disability Support Award, which recognises and celebrates people and organisations that provide support to the highest standards possible.
To find out more about working with ASPA Education to deliver a performing arts program in your community, enquire today!
Variable – ranging from a one-day workshop to a year-long program
Workshops start from $120 + GST per hour (minimum 1.5 hours)
Sessions based on singing, dance, and/or drama
Programs tailored based
Focus on teamwork and communication, confidence and presentation
Building a sense of community
- "This program has been a rich, positive experience for our students. This program supports the students’ language acquisition and is of great assistance to their language and self esteem development."Carly MinnettBlackburn English Language School
- "Our relationship with ASPA means children in care are introduced to music - the great healer and connector. The program has revealed new ideas and capabilities that have not been previously obvious to them, and has enhanced their view of who they are and who they can be."Paul McDonaldCEO Anglicare Victoria
- "In their reflection on the program many students talked about how they loved the program, how it “touched their hearts”. Students have also come together more cohesively as a group and have been more relaxed and open to language instruction."Lyn Rebello & Anne SelhorstAMES
- "As well as creating opportunities to explore new skills, this program also gives individuals the opportunity to grow in confidence, and develop new methods of self-expression that are vital to individuals’ independence."Vikki LahoreWorkpower