Building the capacity of specialist and classroom teachers to deliver engaging, effective performing arts education in their classrooms is a focus for the Australian School of Performing Arts. Our experienced instructors deliver three Teacher PD workshops each year.
As passionate educators, we believe in equipping teachers with the skills and knowledge to deliver sustainable performing arts programs at their school.
Professional Development sessions delivered by ASPA Education can align with student workshops or be undertaken as a separate element.
Workshops can run from 1.5 to 6 hours and can be held either at your school or at an ASPA centre.
Content is tailored depending on the workshop audience – we can work with you to design a workshop that is specific to your needs, or you can select from one of our existing programs. Workshops include practical, interactive and engaging ideas, activities and routines that can be taken directly to the classroom, supported by a resource booklet, digital resources and a certificate of completion.
Past workshops have included:
- Start or Revive Your School Choir – launching and running a vibrant school choir that students will want to join
- Music and Dance for your Classroom – incorporating the performing arts into the curriculum
- Performing Arts Bag of Tricks – practical activities to get your students excited about the arts
- Assembly Items to Remember – creative repertoire ideas that will inspire your students and their audiences
Specialist music and general classroom teachers alike benefit from the practical skills and knowledge that our experienced instructors deliver in a relaxed, dynamic and positive environment.
2019 Melbourne Workshops
ASPA Education will be offering three dynamic Teacher PD Workshops in 2019. We will be covering all new repertoire and activities in these sessions to set you up with plenty of fresh ideas for the year ahead.
Start or Revive Your School Choir
Date: Friday March 1
Details: Want to make your students sing with glee? Choir director, Sally Gawley, will share simple and effective tricks of the trade to enable you to launch and run a vibrant school choir that students will want to join.
The Creative Classroom
Date: Friday May 10
Details: Want to make your curriculum sing? Learn how to incorporate performing arts into your classroom. Whatever your skill level, join Rebecca Sabatino and Alex Utz as they bring music, drama and dance activities to life!
Show-Stopping School Concerts
Date: Friday August 2
Details: Do you want to put on a show that will blow your school community away, but don’t know where to start? Or do you have all the ideas ready go, but still need a helping hand to bring your production to life? Join Laura Knowling and Anna Joyce as they give you simple and effective tools to create a show-stopping (and stress-free!) performance.
Variable – ranging from 1.5 to 6 hours
$190 – full day at an ASPA centre
Practical ideas, activities and
routines for the classroom
Supporting resource booklet
Workshops tailored to meet needs
Learn skills that are readily
transferred to the classroom
Meet other teachers
Share ideas and experiences
- "So glad I came! A thoroughly engaging PD jam packed with practical ideas for teaching a range of age groups."Fiona BalthasarLilydale CRT Network
- “Enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm! Great job - you've reminded me of the spirit needed and what is most helpful for the kids.”Elinor CozensSouth Yarra Primary School
- "Fantastic organisation, infectious energy and the representation of how positive reinforcement and feedback can truly impact adults and teachers, let alone students. I'm a better teacher and person for attending this PD session today."Peter MurnaneTeacher at Black Rock PS
- "Wow, what a talented duo! Beautiful singers and talented presenters. I’ve been to hundreds of PDs and this rates right up there as most fun but also helpful."Terry BeggsGeelong CRT Network